Lawyers Serving Warriors® (LSW) Program
NVLSP's Lawyers Serving Warriors® program offers pro bono (that is, free) legal help with disability issues to veterans from all eras. Our current pro bono initiatives are to assist veterans with the following types of disability claims:
• Assistance with Discharge Upgrades for Veterans from All Eras
• Applications for Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
• Applications to Boards for Correction of Military Records (BCMRs) for veterans who were wrongfully discharged for personality disorder or adjustment disorder
• Applications to Boards for Correction of Military Records (BCMRs) for veterans who wish to obtain disability retirement
• Assistance with VA claims for Mental Health and/or Physical Condition(s) including PTSD due to military sexual trauma (MST)
• Applications to the Physical Disability Board of Review (PDBR) for an increase in the military disability rating to attain a permanent disability retirement
• Representation to service members being processed through the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES)
In the past, the Lawyers Serving Warriors® program assisted veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan facing administrative separation or pursuing a claim with the VA for disability compensation. Lawyers Serving Warriors® has recruited hundreds of volunteer lawyers from law firms and corporate legal departments throughout the country.
Our attorneys are experts in the law governing military and veterans’ disability benefits, and they use this expertise to train and mentor these volunteer lawyers so they are prepared and qualified to handle disability cases. This ensures that every service member and veteran whom we serve receives top notch legal representation.
See our recent newsletter (May 2018).